Monday, January 31, 2005

Catching Up

Cathing up a bit on the last 2 classes. Last Monday was class #2 and we received the assignment for the first prophesy paper - on Information / Communication technology. I've had a few ideas over the last week but haven't written anything down yet.
At tonight's class I presented my information share topic, demonstarting the use of NextUp's TextAloud text to speech software. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to install the software on the class machine so it amounted to playing the demo I had prepared. I did get some good comments and suggestions from the other class members, and no one had heard of the s/w before so it fulfilled the requirement of sharing something new and useful.
Also tonight included brainstorming on what an integrated MST learning experience looks like. This is where I have some trouble - I'm struggling a bit with the educational concepts, which are all new to me. I've never even heard the work "rubric" until this class.
We chose groups for the first team project - I didn't go far - Shelley and Dave and I will do a lesson on a pinhole camera - a classic information recording device. Shelley suggested it and it can incorporate some good photochem (Dave) and Math. We worked in our groups a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home