Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Halfway Home

I received comments back from Joe on the first journal submission. I forgot to submit a mid-class entry, so this is it - late.
Some of my earlier comments and fears about lacking knowledge about "what does it mean to be a teacher" have been reduced quite a bit. I am really beginning to get an understanding of the big picture. Earlier, even the terminology was new in many cases (like rubric???). It's coming together and I'm more familiar with he structure of the state standards, how to put together a lesson, and an integrated lesson.
The prophesy papers have been coming together well - the early suggestion of a trilogy is exactly what I have been doing, but not exactly the same character. Using the son to father letter to reflect on the son's world is an easy way to describe what his life is like and explain his feelings.
The second group project has been fun. Tammy is very sharp and her teacheing experience is very valuable. She pulled together a lot of material for the lesson about DNA and GMOs. I ordered a K'Nex DNA kit to provide a good hands on example.
Bottom line after half way - I'm having a great time and wish I was farther ahead in my certification so I could do this for real. (except for the quitting a job getting a job thing).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home