Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Son to Father Letters

I put together what I think was a creative presentation for my prophesy paper presentation. I extended it beyond just the physical tech aspect by including one letter from each time period and one from each area of tech. The main idea to personalize it, since a letter is your inner thoughts at work, was to record and play a narration, instead of reading it.
The presentation last night went well and there were some very nice comments. Shelley in particular had a very nice comment about the result being very powerful.
We worked more on the final group project - it's coming together more and I've been doing some research into the concept of "telling a story. This gets at the idea that the presentation must be heartfelt and emotionally connect with the audience. I picked up a book called "Beyond Bullet Points" which gives a method for putting a presentation in terms of a "hollywood" script - naming a protagonist, creating a crisis, and saving the day by proposing a solution. I've volunteering to try to tie together our stuff with this idea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home